Certified Scrum Product Owner® professionals have been taught the Scrum terminology, practices, and principles that enable them to fulfill the role of Product Owner on a Scrum team. CSPOs are typically the individuals who are closest to the “business side” of the project. They are charged by the organization to “get the product out” and they are expected to do the best possible job of satisfying all the stakeholders. CSPOs maintain the product backlog and ensure that everyone knows the priorities.
This intensive hands-on course will teach you how to handle the many responsibilities of a great Product Owner including: how to manage and prioritize product backlogs utilizing business value and other industry prioritization methods, plan releases, track progress, estimate business value, drive Sprint Review, effectively prepare and participate in Sprint Planning and learn how to scale Scrum projects.
- Scrum Basics (roles, meetings & artifacts)
- Expectations of a Product Owner
- Understanding Product vision
- Release management & estimation basics
- Establishing & refining the product backlog
- Creating and maintaining the Product backlog
- Sort the Product backlog items according to priority
- Help the Scrum Master organize Sprint Review Meetings
- Clearly communicate the business requirements to the Team
- Attend sprint planning meetings
- Get detail level of requirement from stakeholders or customers
- Build and maintain a relationship with the Stakeholders
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity
- Optimize Agile teams as well as interaction with stakeholders and customers
Certification Process :
- To earn CSPO certificate, you must attend 2 days CSPO classroom training from a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) from Scrum Alliance.
- On successful completion of course you will receive a Certified Scrum Product Owner certificate from Scrum Alliance. The certification includes a two-years membership in Scrum Alliance.
- Note: There is no exam for CSPO training
Who can attend?
Product Managers, Product Owners, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Managers, Stakeholders, Portfolio Managers, Chief Operations Officers, Product Management Leads, Software Development Managers, Software Developers, Software testers or people responsible for defining product vision.